Join us for free webinars focusing on different issues and skill development for assessment practitioners. Click on the title of upcoming webinars to register.
AALHE members can access previous webinars in the Webinar Library.
Wednesday, October 10, 2018, 2:00 PM Central Time
Equitable assessment practices can be fostered in three ways: student learning outcomes statements, assessment approaches, and use of assessment results (Montenegro & Jankowski, 2017) when infused with a cultural lens and view of students at the center. In this webinar, the presenter will discuss the role that equity can play in moving towards culturally responsive assessment of student learning on college and university campuses. This webinar will share practices to better connect, capture, and document what all students know and can do in both the curriculum and co-curriculum.
- Discuss relationship between equity and assessment
- Highlight examples of culturally responsive assessment practices; and
- Share practices that can advance documentation of learning within a cultural and student focused lens
Presenter: Gianina Baker, Assistant Director at the National Institute for Learning Outcomes Assessment (NILOA). She holds a Ph.D. in Educational Organization & Leadership with a Higher Education concentration from the University of Illinois, a M.A. in Human Development Counseling from Saint Louis University, and a B.A. in Psychology from Illinois Wesleyan University.
Click on the title to register, or sign up here.
AALHE members can access via the Webinar Library
- Turning Benchmarking into Institutional Insights and Action, by Lisa Davidson and Stacey Randall
- The Assessment Profession in Higher Education: Addressing the Varied Professional Development Needs of Practitioners, by Laura Ariovich, Conna Bral, Patricia Gregg, Matthew Gulliford, and Jennifer Ann Morrow
- Implementing Prior Learning Assessment Services in Higher Education, by Justin Garcia, July 2018
- Linkedin for Assessment Professionals, by Andre Foisy, May 2018
- Twitter for Assessment Professionals, by Andre Foisy, April 2018
- Assessing Civic Engagement in Massachusetts Public Higher Education, by Dr. John Reiff and Dr. Suzanne M. Buglione, April 2018
- Creating a Co-Curricular Learning Assessment Infrastructure, by D. Scott Tharp, December 2017
- Data Visualization: Resources and Methods for Telling your Data Story, by Dr. Courtney Vengrin, September 2017
- Answering Tough Questions: An Approach for Assessment Coordinators/Leaders, by Drs. Monica Stitt-Bergh and Becky Dueben, April 2017
- Collecting Information Meaningful to Your Institution: A Practical Accreditation Strategy, by Jane Marie Souza, January & March 2017
- Show Me The Learning!, by Dr. Terrel Rhodes, March 2017
- Ethical Reasoning: Defining, Teaching, Assessing, by Drs. Bill Hawk and Keston Fulcher, April 2016
- Engaging Faculty in the Assessment Process: Make it More About Teaching and Learning, by Dr. Catherine M. Wehlburg, April 2016
- Recognizing Excellence in Campus Assessment: Using the Excellence in Assessment Designation for Self-Assessment, by Drs. Teri Lyn Hinds and Natasha Jankowski, March 2016
- Implementation Fidelity Assessment: A Framework for Evidence-Based Decision Making, by Dr. John D. Hathcoat, Heather Harris, Madison Holzman, and Derek Sauder, January 2016
- Easy Predictors: Quickly Explore Your Data to Find Trends, Relationships, and Predictors, by Dr. David Eubanks, December 2015
- SharePoint As An Assessment Management Tool, by Drs. Jane Marie Souza and Keith Werosh, November 2015
- Curricular Mapping: See the Alignment of Course, Program, and Institutional Data with Links to Evidence of Student Learning, by Valerie Landau and Jocelyn Shadforth, November 2015
- Faculty Perspectives on Cultures of Assessment, by Dr. Matthew Fuller, October 2015
- The Many Faces of Assessment: Strategies for Effective Assessment of Co-curricular Programs, by Dr. Jeremy Penn, September 2015
- Building the Science of Learning Assessment, by Dr. David Dirlam, May 2014
- How to Use Credit Hour Compliance to Forward Authentic Assessment, by Drs. Marsha Watson and Kathleen Gorski, February 2014
- Faculty Engagement in Assessment Across Institutional Contexts, by Drs. Jeremy Penn and Catherine Wehlburg, September 2013