Join us for free webinars focusing on different issues and skill development for assessment practitioners. Click on the title of upcoming webinars to register.
AALHE members can access previous webinars in the Webinar Library.
Thursday, April 18, 2019 from 2:00pm to 3:00pm CDT
This spring the Department of Education is undertaking the negotiated rulemaking process to update and revise existing regulations on more than a dozen topics, including accreditation, innovative learning models, written arrangements and more. Wondering what this process is, how it affects you and how to stay involved in the rulemaking process? Join Jillian Klein - a negotiator in this year's neg reg process - as she talks through everything you need to know about this amazing and terrible process the Department of Education uses to make new rules.
Presenter: Jillian Klein is Vice President of Government and Regulatory Affairs for Strategic Education, Inc. where she works with internal and external partners on higher education policy, postsecondary innovation and federal financial aid compliance on behalf of Capella University and Strayer University. She was part of the team that created Capella University’s direct assessment program offerings (FlexPath), including the first bachelor’s and master’s level direct assessment programs approved to offer federal financial aid by the Department of Education. Jillian received a B.A. in business administration from Augustana College in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, and a M.A. in systematic theology from Luther Seminary. She is an alumna of the Policy Fellows program at the Humphrey School of Public Affairs at the University of Minnesota, and in 2019 participated as a non-federal negotiator in the Department of Education’s negotiated rulemaking on both the Accreditation & Innovation Committee and Distance Learning Subcommittee. Jillian lives in Minnesota with her husband and two young girls.
Click on the title to register, or sign up here.
AALHE members can access via the Webinar Library
- Placeholder Sections and Tracking of Graduate Student Assessment: A Case Study, by Molly Mann and Laura Schramm
- The Essential Role of Assessment in Competency-Based Education, by Charla Long
- Fearing to Fail: How Common Assessment Practices Cause Stagnation, by Catherine M. Wehlburg
- Turning Benchmarking into Institutional Insights and Action, by Lisa Davidson and Stacey Randall
- The Assessment Profession in Higher Education: Addressing the Varied Professional Development Needs of Practitioners, by Laura Ariovich, Conna Bral, Patricia Gregg, Matthew Gulliford, and Jennifer Ann Morrow
- Implementing Prior Learning Assessment Services in Higher Education, by Justin Garcia, July 2018
- Linkedin for Assessment Professionals, by Andre Foisy, May 2018
- Twitter for Assessment Professionals, by Andre Foisy, April 2018
- Assessing Civic Engagement in Massachusetts Public Higher Education, by Dr. John Reiff and Dr. Suzanne M. Buglione, April 2018
- Creating a Co-Curricular Learning Assessment Infrastructure, by D. Scott Tharp, December 2017
- Data Visualization: Resources and Methods for Telling your Data Story, by Dr. Courtney Vengrin, September 2017
- Answering Tough Questions: An Approach for Assessment Coordinators/Leaders, by Drs. Monica Stitt-Bergh and Becky Dueben, April 2017
- Collecting Information Meaningful to Your Institution: A Practical Accreditation Strategy, by Jane Marie Souza, January & March 2017
- Show Me The Learning!, by Dr. Terrel Rhodes, March 2017
- Ethical Reasoning: Defining, Teaching, Assessing, by Drs. Bill Hawk and Keston Fulcher, April 2016
- Engaging Faculty in the Assessment Process: Make it More About Teaching and Learning, by Dr. Catherine M. Wehlburg, April 2016
- Recognizing Excellence in Campus Assessment: Using the Excellence in Assessment Designation for Self-Assessment, by Drs. Teri Lyn Hinds and Natasha Jankowski, March 2016
- Implementation Fidelity Assessment: A Framework for Evidence-Based Decision Making, by Dr. John D. Hathcoat, Heather Harris, Madison Holzman, and Derek Sauder, January 2016
- Easy Predictors: Quickly Explore Your Data to Find Trends, Relationships, and Predictors, by Dr. David Eubanks, December 2015
- SharePoint As An Assessment Management Tool, by Drs. Jane Marie Souza and Keith Werosh, November 2015
- Curricular Mapping: See the Alignment of Course, Program, and Institutional Data with Links to Evidence of Student Learning, by Valerie Landau and Jocelyn Shadforth, November 2015
- Faculty Perspectives on Cultures of Assessment, by Dr. Matthew Fuller, October 2015
- The Many Faces of Assessment: Strategies for Effective Assessment of Co-curricular Programs, by Dr. Jeremy Penn, September 2015
- Building the Science of Learning Assessment, by Dr. David Dirlam, May 2014
- How to Use Credit Hour Compliance to Forward Authentic Assessment, by Drs. Marsha Watson and Kathleen Gorski, February 2014
- Faculty Engagement in Assessment Across Institutional Contexts, by Drs. Jeremy Penn and Catherine Wehlburg, September 2013