Presenter Information and Resources
We are delighted to have you as a presenter at AALHE 2019. Information about technology, room setup, poster requirements, etc., is below.
It is the speaker's responsibility to provide a laptop or device for presenting materials during the session. AALHE will not provide computers for the session rooms. AALHE will not provide presentation advancers (clickers).
Monday through Wednesday, each room will have a screen and projector provided. Thursday presentations are “unplugged”, projectors will not be made available. All rooms will have both VGA and HDMI connections. Please ensure that you are using a device that can connect to one of these two connection types or that you bring a dongle to adapt to the connection.
AALHE will provide wireless internet connection for all attendees and presenters in all conference session rooms. As always, if you plan to use the internet please have a contingency plan in place in case there is an unexpected technology problem.
Conference wireless network name: IHGConnect
Microphones and Other Sound Amplification
Microphones will be provided in large session rooms only. Speakers and other sound amplification technology will not be provided by AALHE. If your presentation requires the use of speakers (e.g., to show a video), please provide them.
- Monday, June 10th: All workshops will be set banquet style unless presenter has requested otherwise. Projector packages will be provided. No podium/microphone except in larger rooms.
- Tuesday - Wednesday, June 11- 12th: All sessions will be set with roundtables. Projector packages will be provided. No podium/microphone except in larger rooms.
- Thursday, June 13th: All sessions will be set with roundtables. Projector packages will not be provided. No podium/microphone except in larger rooms.
- Posters must be no larger than 36” x 48” or 48” x 36”.
- Poster presentations will be held on Wednesday, June 12 from 4:00 PM-5:30 PM during our Resource Fair.
- Presenters may set up for the presentation as early as 7:00 AM Wednesday.
- Posters may remain in the room during sessions on Wednesday but must be removed by 5:30 PM that evening.
- Presenters will be provided with a stand and board, pushpins, and clips.
Handouts and PowerPoints
- You may submit a single file (PDF, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) to attach to the online program. Only one file can be uploaded per session. If you would like to provide more than one file, please combine them into a single document.
- Additionally, we ask that all slideshows and handouts be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org so we may upload the materials to our website for our Members’ benefit.
- Submit your file for upload no later than June 30th to email@example.com.
- File name format: 2019_Main author last name_First few words of title_description if necessary (e.g. handout 1). Please indicate the title of the session in the subject line.
2019 Conference Proceedings
All Conference presentations are eligible for inclusion in the conference proceedings. The Proceedings of the AALHE Conference serve several important functions:
- • They allow Conference participants, who are unable to attend your session, to have materials on the topic.
• They are a rich resource for all who are interested in assessment in higher education.
• They provide best practices shared by member institutions at the AALHE Conference.
• They support, document, and affirm the contributions of the presenters.
• They may be selected for inclusion in a 5-year follow-up volume planned for 2019.
Guidelines for Preparing a Paper
Papers for the 2019 Conference are due July 9, 2019. These will be shared digitally with the AALHE membership by October 1, 2019. This is will be the last year of opportunity to appear in The Best of AALHE Proceedings, the First 5 Years.
View Proceedings submission guidelines here.
Additional Presenter Resources
Visit The Potent Presentations Initiative (p2i) sponsored by the American Evaluation Association for presentation tips, tools, and guidelines.
*Continue to check back for more information!
The AALHE Annual Assessment Conference is an exceptional forum for assessment practitioners in higher education. Small sessions and multiple opportunities to interact with others in the assessment community make this one of the best resources for assessment professionals.
Conference attendees choose from sessions that showcase assessment practices, participate in hands-on workshops, discuss ideas during poster and panel sessions, and engage with leading thinkers in assessment throughout the conference. People from all types of institutions attend the AALHE conference.
The AALHE Assessment Conference is designed to:
- Provide professional development opportunities for the advanced assessment practitioner
- Connect assessment professionals with others in the field; and
- Lead and advocate best practices in assessment
Practitioners new to assessment are encouraged to attend the AALHE conference. AALHE’s small sessions and networking opportunities provide them the opportunity to connect with leading thinkers in assessment.
Past Conference Program books are available for review. Members may also access presentations and materials from previous Conferences.
AALHE 2019 - Visit the conference page
June 10 - June 13, 2019
InterContinental hotel in Saint Paul, Minnesota
June 8 – June 11, 2020
Sheraton hotel in New Orleans, Louisiana
June 7, 2021 – June 10, 2021
DoubleTree hotel on Portland, Oregon
Join us and connect with leading thinkers in higher education assessment; find the Prospectus here.
For more information contact Jamie Wigand, Conference Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.