- The word requirement is quite flexible since online publication requires minimal publication costs. That said, most posts are between 800 and 2,000 words, although some excellent contributions have been under 500 words. Contributors' ideas are more important than word counts.
- Submissions should be of general appeal to those who are interested in assessment in higher education. The Emerging Dialogues mission is to be a platform for initial or responsive articles that are edgy or provocative while also being well-reasoned and informed by research.
- Our venue is also ideal for an author who wants to try out an idea and engage in a conversation from educated and informed respondents.
- Responses need to address key points from the initial publication, providing an explicit dialogue between the pieces. Responses should identify the date and name of the dialogue they are addressing.
- Emerging Dialogues follows APA style guidelines.
- Editors will make edits and send them back to authors for review.
The Emerging Dialogues committee looks for emerging themes (dialogues, if you will) and approaches contributors to post or respond to articles in our forum. We also encourage people to send us articles or topics that they’d like to contribute to, as well as responses to previously published pieces. If you would like to contribute, you can contact any of our committee members listed below.