Call for AALHE 2019 Proceedings
Tuesday, August 27, 2019
Posted by: Jamie Wigand
About the Proceedings
All conference presentations are eligible for inclusion in the conferences proceedings. The Proceedings of the AALHE Conference serve several important functions:
· They allow conference participants, who are unable to attend your session, to have materials on the topic,
· They are a rich resource for all who are interested in assessment in higher education,
· They provide best practices shared by member institutions at the AALHE Conference,
· They support, document, and affirm the contributions of the presenters.
Guidelines for Preparing a Paper
Papers for the 2019 Conference Proceedings are due November 3, 2019. The title of the Conference Proceedings manuscript should be the same as the title of the presentation at the 2019 AALHE Conference.
• The paper should be between 5 and 15 pages and should include:
· Names, titles, and institutions of each author
· An abstract with no more than 250 words;
· Six to eight keywords; and
· Charts and references.
· The paper should include the main ideas from the presentation rather than verbatim text of it. It should also supplement the presentation with additional reflections, audience responses, and any new ideas generated from the discussion or other conference sessions.
· For case studies, have some statement about what the practical significance of the article -- how readers would use it.
· PowerPoint documents, simple bullet lists without analysis, outlines, and sample documents are not appropriate for the proceedings (even if they were used in your session as a handout). These submissions will be scholarly narratives.
· Proceedings will be published after editorial review and approval.
· For approved articles, authors are ultimately responsible for their own editing. However, for easily corrected changes (spelling, missing figures, a keyword change in title, etc.) we will write authors and ask if they would like us to change. If we receive no timely response, either no change will be made or if too many problems are not addressed the article may not be included.
· The body of the paper
§ Double spaced using Times New Roman 12 pt. One-inch margins all around.
§ References and materials cited within the body of the document should follow APA guidelines.
· Charts and Graphs - Graphics should be created in such a way that they are clean and clear when viewed. Graphics can be gray- scale, black and white or RGB color. Graphics will be used AS IS and wherever they are placed within the narrative in the manuscript.
Submitting the Paper
Send your paper to email@example.com. In the Subject please write "2019 AALHE Proceeding Submission", and in the body of the email please identify your name, position, title of your presentation at the AALHE conference, and your contact information including phone and email. Be sure the paper includes the names, titles, email addresses, and institutions of all authors. Contact Catherine Wehlburg (firstname.lastname@example.org) for questions about content or formatting questions.