AALHE is a professional association for assessment practitioners at colleges, universities, and higher education support organizations. It provides resources and a forum to support assessment practitioners’ professional development and the open discussion of issues, strategies, policies, and processes associated with the use of assessment to improve student learning and institutional effectiveness in fostering student success.
- Secure fiscal, human, technological and facilities resources to assure the viability of the organization.
- Provide professional development for advanced assessment development practitioners in a variety of ways including face-to- face, virtual, print, and other.
- Provide methods to further develop the next generation of assessment professionals (including graduate students) using a variety of techniques and presentation methods.
- Expand the community of assessment practitioners with augmented opportunities and venues for dialogue and reflection on practice.
- Lead and advocate for good and ethical assessment practices to external stakeholders including become a stronger voice at the local, national, and international levels for assessment in higher education.